Hello, Pastel Books


Hello once again, everybody! If you’re wondering who the hell am I or where I’ve been this whole time, it’s time I tell you a story.

First off, it’s me, Mica, from Bookiverse. I had to change my username for several reasons I’ll explain right now. It was something I’ve had in my mind for like two months now, and something along the way triggered me to do it right away. Here’s everything that went down, chronologically:

I was happy with Bookiverse, it was something that came up to me when opening up my Instagram account and I loved it right away. I used it for almost a year, and then, I couldn’t anymore. Turned out, Bookiverse already existed. It’s an online library of sorts, kind of like a bookish forum. I first found out about it when I decided to buy a domain name and ditch the blogspot.com.

You should probably take this into consideration before naming your blog and, worse, getting attached to it. Because Bookiverse wasn’t only a domain name that was already taken, it’s a registered trademark. Meaning that I couldn’t use it as my own in any way, unless I was planning on getting a cease and desist letter (spoiler: I wasn’t).

To be honest, I was bummed. I felt like Bookiverse was mine, but turns out, it wasn’t. I spent the next three weeks coming out with a new name I liked, and it was the worst. The few I liked were, again, taken domain names, and I didn’t want to go through the whole Bookiverse drama again.

After a few weeks, someone told me that my aura was probably very pastel colored. It was a drunk person at a party, but for some reason it stuck. The very next day, I knew it: Pastel Books. Was it perfect? No. But I liked it, let myself learn to love it, and I finally do. I bought the domain name almost immediately, to avoid disappointments later on, and so Pastel Books was born.

This was like a month ago, so why, do you ask, it took me so long to use it? Well, simply put: I’m lazy as fuck. I was still kind of attached to Bookiverse, I had to learn how to use that domain name I bought and connect it to my blogspot account, and on top of it all: I had to come with a new header. You should know designing logos is probably on my top five things I hate to do.

Procrastination soon became my friend: “next week, I’ll do it”, “oh, I have that birthday party, maybe next week”, “today, I’ll do it, for sure! Ugh but it’s so pretty outside and this books sounds amazing. Probably next week”. That was me for a whole month.

I wish I could say I finally made myself do all of it, but what prompted me to change my URL was my worst nightmare: an IRL friend found my Instagram account. I know this will seem foolish to some of you, but my anxiety went to the roof. I set my account on private and avoid it at all costs.

It’s not that I’m embarrassed to be a book lover or anything. My friends know I like to read; they just don’t know how much. This is my world. It’s my special place to be in, and my friends just don’t get it. They probably never will, and that’s fine, but I didn’t want to share any of it.

So, when that happened, I ask my friend to ignore it completely and never talk tome about it ever again. She (hopefully) understood, and so I finally changed my username. And that is that.

Quite a story, I told you!

So, do you like Pastel Books? If you think it’s stupid just tell me, I’LL ONLY SMACK YOU WITH A BOOK or something!


You may also like:

6 comments

  1. I think pastel books is a really nice name! And the logo is beautifully simple. :D
    I get the part about friends not really understanding, and being hesitant to share a sliver of this world with them. I'm always a little shy about my blog and writing with my friends. (Also, I love your photos! Gorgeous) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely <3 And yes, the shyness around bookish fandoms and blogging is a real thing, we are definitely not alone ;)

      Delete
  2. I like the name Pastel Books :-) And I love your comment about how it was a drunk person at a party lol. Sorry that you had to lose the one you grew really attached to though :-/ Finding blog names that aren't already taken is the worst. I went through so many when I was trying to figure out mine. And it's even worse when the people who take the names aren't even doing anything with it!

    I also get why you didn't want anyone IRL finding your instagram or blog. I'm not ashamed either, but I still don't want people who know me IRL, other than a couple of my closest friends, to know about my blog. It seems oddly personal, even though it's public lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finding blog names is indeed the worst! I really love yours by the way, it feels so unique and mysterious!

      Delete
  3. Hello Mica! I'm totally new to your blog so I don't know anything about your previous url? I LOVE THIS ONE! It's so sweet and simple and your blog is literally eye candy for me :P
    I can relate with the changing the url part because I've also done it plenty of times and I've mostly done it out of disappointment, to be honest. Leaving the old times behind is always the hardest part :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My previous blog didn't have that many posts either way, I just grew attached to it for it being the first, to be honest. Thank you for your kind words you're too sweet :D

      Delete

© Pastel Books. Design by MangoBlogs.