Six authors I would auto-buy from



I have a big job interview tomorrow! I’m not sure it’s the best position, but it is a very big company here, and I would do creative stuff, which is always a plus to me. It’s my second interview already so I guess that’s a good sign! I’m still pretty nervous but you know, hopefully in next Sunday’s post I’ll have good news.

I’ll also be posting only on Sundays. I guess the three times a week schedule was a bit too ambitious. I’m currently only working 6 hours a day, but if I get this job, those hours would be up to 9, and I’m starting Art school in two weeks, so it would be impossible to update this blog that often.

Anyways, let’s get to the post, shall we? I have favorite authors, and authors I would auto-buy from. Meaning, I would buy any book these people write, without even reading the blurb. Why? Well, I love them, their writing style and of course, their books. So, let’s see:

JK Rowling: if you’ve read my Harry Potter re-read experience, then you know by now how much I love JK Rowling. I can’t get enough of her, I literally buy her books before they even have a title and so far there hasn’t been any disappointments. I love Harry Potter (duh), but I’m also obsessed with Cormoran Strike’s series and I devoured The Casual Vacancy. So yes, that’s why she’s first. (ALSO LET’S FANGIRL FOR A MOMENT ABOUT THE CURSED CHILD OKAY? DISGHUKJSDGHUJDJKGFDG. Okay).

Rick Riordan: I struggled on whether or not to choose Riordan here. After all the Percy Jackson books, I would say YES OF COURSE. But after Magnus Chase, I’m kind of torn. It wasn’t the best, to be honest. I didn’t enjoy it that much and the plot was basically Percy Jackson with a few changes here and there. I don’t know if I’ll be continuing that series, but I would still give Riordan’s books a chance.

Rainbow Rowell: also known as Queen of Romance, in my opinion. The first Rowell book I read was Eleanor & Park, and that was it for me. Attachments and Fangirl soon followed and then I bought Landline without looking back. Carry On, the same. I seriously can’t imagine a world where I wouldn’t buy a Rainbow Rowell book immediately.

Ruta Sepetys: it’s weird, because I only read Between Shades of Gray by Sepetys, but again, that was it for me. I freaking loved it. Salt to the sea it’s her new book and I don’t own it yet because of financial issues (I try), but you can bet I’m going to! Alongside any book she ever writes. If you’re into historical fiction, then Sepetys is definitely the one for you.

Brandon Sanderson: a must for any fantasy lover, and that’s me here. Mistborn captured my heart in a way hardly any book does. After The Well of Ascension, I couldn’t stop shelving all of his books. Fortunately, there’s quite a lot.

Jane Austen: you’re probably thinking I’m insane or something! Yes, I know she’s dead, but if she weren’t, I would buy anything Jane Austen. I’m currently buying her Vintage Classics edition because 1) they’re gorgeous, and 2) there’s never enough Jane Austen editions. So yeah, this one’s dead, but I still would auto-buy from her in an alternate universe or something.

So that’s that. What do you guys think? Do you agree on these? What authors would you auto-buy from?


You may also like:

4 comments

  1. This is a great list! I really would read anything from Rainbow Rowell as well...hm, oops, haven't read Fangirl yet, haha. But I really love all of her books so far, so I can't wait! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fangirl it's AMAZING, you should totally read it! My favorite book by her is Landline though, so perfect <3

      Delete
  2. YES to basically all these authors. I mean, obviously J.K. Rowling (anyone who isn't autobuying her probably never read Harry Potter) but Rainbow Rowell is fast becoming a favourite too, and I've got Salt to the Sea from the library right now, so I guess we have pretty similar reading tastes! Thanks for sharing a post that just made me want to agree with you a lot. :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE AGREEING WITH PEOPLE, hi! And yes JK is queen of life as well as Rainbow and Ruta and let's just get cake and agree on stuff together *nods*

      Delete

© Pastel Books. Design by MangoBlogs.